Practice Suggestions for Students
- Consistency is important in learning, especially in music study. Regular practice assures rapid improvement of musicianship and skills.
- Students are enrolled with the understanding that they have access to a piano or an appropriate electronic keyboard in their home for practice.
- The practice environment at home should be quiet and free from the sounds of a TV or any other distracting sounds.
- Students usually make the most of their practice if it is scheduled ahead of time, and is at the same time each day.
- The most efficient practice time is usually in the morning.
- Make practice your daily routine and concentrate on completing your homework according to the instructor’s suggestions written in the practice planner that is supplied by the teacher.
- Every parent's role in developing good practice habits cannot be overestimated. It is often the parents who keep their children motivated and focused on the task.
- Parents are strongly recommended to monitor student’s practice on a weekly basis.